Sunday, December 4, 2011

The countdown is on...

Two and a half weeks left of the school year until the glorious summer holidays arrive.

Thank goodness! I feel absolutely exhausted from a very busy year of teaching and am looking forwards to having time to recharge and relax. My plans include....

<> sleeping in
<> gardening
<> hopefully, a camping trip
<> a roadtrip to Hobart with my best friend, Madam Mojito or MM as she shall henceforth be known, to see my favourite band, the Dresden Dolls, live
<> reading for hours
<> sewing my mini bears
<> taking the dogs to the beach for the first time
<> getting ready for a new class next year!

Christmas excitement is reaching fever pitch at school, as the Prep-2 classes are busily writing letters to Santa which will be collected tomorrow so the big man has time to reply. I've lost count of how many times a child has shrieked "Twenty sleeps until Santa comes!" in my ear today. It's beginning to look a little like Christmas in my house too.





Our decorations are fairly minimalist but still give a festive air to the lounge room. Given that we have two young, curious, will-chew-anything-interesting dogs I decided the mantelpiece was the best place for the wrapped presents!



Mum made these stockings for my sister and I about 17 years ago. I think they're gorgeous.





Our Christmas tree...made by a family friend about 20 years ago. It's been my Christmas tree ever since I moved out of home at 17, nearly 11 years ago. I'm sure we'll have a bigger tree one day but for now I'm quite fond of this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment