Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hot and Uncomfortable

It's Autumn here in Tasmania and one would assume that the weather would begin to change. Wrong! We have had some of the hottest days of the year so far in this week past and I am not enjoying it. Being pregnant in hot weather is not much fun. Work has been a battle...my new office/teaching room is at the 'top' of the school (my school is set on a hill) and trudging up and down the hill and three sets of stairs, numerous times a day, is really taking it out of me and I'm feeling very hot and uncomfortable and full of aches. I am still in love with being pregnant, though, and love seeing my bump grow each week.

My bump this week, plus a photobombing cat.

My little family is away on the mainland for a special family wedding this weekend, so I'm home alone. It is so quiet without them! All I feel like doing is lying around on the couch with the air conditioner going and watching mindless television, while eating copious amounts of icypoles. Though I did have a lovely morning tea with friends this morning and some random K-Mart wandering time.
 

Little Miss Faye is finally settling into the new house and enjoyed having me- and the couch- all to herself last night.  
 

 Doesn't she look sweet and innocent? Well, if you look closely at the next picture you will notice some lovely claw marks in my hand. She decided that under no circumstances was I to stop rubbing her belly, and every time I tried to pull my hand away she hooked her claws in deeper- while purring louder. Thanks Faye.



In three weeks I start my maternity leave, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting down the days. Work this year has proven to be quite stressful and not as enjoyable as I would have hoped, and I feel very happy with my decision to start my leave a few weeks earlier than I originally had planned. I already have a list of things I want to get done in the first few weeks of my leave before I get too exhausted (and huge). 

Everyone in the house is getting more and more excited about our new family member, and Harry and Mikayla couldn't resist trying out the new cot.

 
Jasper is so excited he had no choice but to retreat to his bed and suck his rug. Oh, wait...that's just Jasper.


And Johnny is either excited, happy, or just hot...it's hard to tell.


I'll leave you now as I feel the urge to jump in my third cool shower for the day and eat another icypole (no, you don't need to know what number icypole it is). Bring on the actual autumn weather!
 
Love,
Bebb




 

No comments:

Post a Comment