Sunday, April 21, 2013

Autumn Sunshine

School holidays are upon us and the weather is getting colder. We had Friday and Saturday with the children before they went to their mother's house for the first week of the holidays and were determined to do a few fun activities as a family. Friday was a nasty day, weather-wise, putting paid to our plans for an outing to the park. Instead, we had a cosy morning baking cupcakes before venturing out of the house and into the wind and rain for a trip to the library. 



I do love the library, even though it was quite busy and noisy on this occasion. The children chose some books and DVDs and I got some books and pregnancy magazines to keep me entertained during the long hours of insomnia.

When we returned home I pulled out the Sculpey and the children and I had a fun time creating some bits and pieces to be baked in the oven. I made some mini strawberries that I later turned into earrings using earring backs and my glue gun. (Apologies for the terrible blurry picture, but you get the idea.)


The children were very excited to discover my glow-in-the-dark Sculpey and Harry made three figurines- Batman, Robin and Flash. I was very pleased with how hard he worked and he was thrilled with the end result.





Although it was a cosy and comfortable day, we were happy to discover that the sun was shining on Saturday so that we could get out of the house. We ended up enjoying some fish and chips at Heritage Forest and a play in the park. The wind was quite chilly but I enjoyed sitting in the sun and watching the children play, before we all walked to the dog park area to let Jasper have a run. I have been feeling very uncomfortable the last few days with worsening pelvic pain, but it was good to stretch my muscles and breathe in some fresh air. The baby is growing quickly and I can't believe that he will be born within a matter of weeks. 


I am still struggling emotionally this week due to lack of sleep and other factors, but I am getting there. Thank goodness for the support of my amazing little family, and for Pesto the cat, who keeps us all endlessly amused with his antics such as drinking from the toilet (not very elegant for a cat!) and being a complete busybody. I think he decided I was standing at the mirror for too long trying to get a good bump picture and felt the need to check out what was going on. 

I have been reading a lot lately as I've been unable to sleep, and have some book reviews to post very soon. Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment